We frequently get calls similar to this: "Help! I just got put in charge of marking a brand new field - what do I need?" In response to this common question we have put together a list of what we call the Season Starter Pack so you can check off the items you need and get to marking quicker. This is a great list to reference for any sport such as football, soccer, lacrosse and rugby.
Season Starter Pack
- Paint: What you need to know before ordering paint is if you want to use bulk (5 gallon pails of liquid) paint or aerosol (cans) of paint. If you are not sure which would be best for your situation give us a call or reference our Starter's Guide to Athletic Field Paint.
- Field Paint Striping Machine: If you are going to be using bulk paint and need a field striper give us a call so we can fully discuss your program needs to make the best recommendation. If you are using aerosol paint you will need an aerosol paint lining machine. We recommend using a machine that will carry your case of aerosol paint as you stripe and come with never-flat tires (such as all rubber or foam-filled).
- Marking Tools:
- String and Intersection Marking Tools: If you are setting up a field for the first time you will need to do some measuring. You'll use string as a placeholder to keep your lines straight as you paint over it with a field marker. We have a variety of products to make this process quicker and easier as well as eliminate the need to re-measure every time you need to paint by simply marking the intersections with whiskers or Stake-Alls.
- EC Lines Full Field Marking Kit: This is a marking kit that comes with pre-measured wire to eliminate the need to measure and mark the intersections on the field. It takes the guesswork out of laying out a new field.
- Stencils: Below are the standard stencils necessary for football fields. You can customize any sports field with a custom logo stencil or lettering.
- Hash Mark Stencil: This stencil is made out of a heavy duty plastic that will last for years.
- Sideline Number Set: This set of stencils includes 0-6, a G and and arrow. The standard size is 6' in height but custom sizes and fonts are available.
By acquiring the items from the list above you should be ready to layout and mark your field. If you need help with dimensions our website is full of resources and the field layout tools are free to download.
We are always here to help so don't hesitate to contact us with any questions via email or at 800-553-6275.